Lei Dennis-Osuagwu
01/23/09
2A/B
Quarter 2
Reflection
Literature is a term used to describe written or spoken material. Broadly speaking, "literature" is used to describe anything from creative writing to more technical or scientific works, but the term is most commonly used to refer to works of the creative imagination, including works of poetry, drama, fiction, and nonfiction. I have come to the realization that literature plays a very important role in my life everyday. Everything around me reflects literature, from the streets that I walk down, to the words that I speak. Without literature life would be plain as a white sheet. Literature represents a language a culture, tradition and a people. With Literature we as a people are introduced to new worlds and new experiences.
With literature I have come to a conclusion that this art has expanded my mind and exposed me to new knowledge, and new horizons I never thought to explore.
This last quarter I felt as if I have greatly progressed since the first quarter, I am more able to understand Shakespeare and great works like his, I’ve clearly made contact with my poetic mind, I’ve mastered the art of blogging, and found new ideas in making it better. My goal for the upcoming quarter is to write more. On my last reflection I expressed my goal to read and write more, and one of those goals I have fully accomplished. Since last quarter my interest in reading has gown larger than I expected, and I am proud of myself for that.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment