Monday, October 27, 2008

Quarter 1 REFLECTION!!

Lei Dennis-Osage
10/25/08
1A-B

QUARTER 1

REFLECTION


Literature is described as the body of written works of a language, period, or culture. Literature is of importance to me because I am able to learn about human nature and greatness, the human past and our own pasts, and to be able to learn about other cultures besides my own. When we discover literature we can travel to any place at any time, even to the future, and see how others view the same world. Literature expanses my learning. It helps me think, helps me in my writing, helps me understand things and helps me to learn different but new words and phrases. At first in A.P Literature I didn’t like the idea of “Blogging”, I didn’t quite see the need for it, so therefore I didn’t have too much interest in it, but now I as I get further into it, my interest for slowly grows. My reading goals for next quarter is for me to read and write more, take my time to analyze my reading, and look further into my writing abilities. I can say that I have many strengths and weaknesses in reading; a few of my strengths are that I am a hard worker; I read well, I take notes, I am focused and able to work diligently and I usually read with a dictionary in hand just in case I run into words I am not familiar with. Some of my weaknesses are that, I am sometimes distracted, I tend to read fast when I’m nervous and I usually prepare poorly for tests. My strengths in writing is that I sit and think of the topic, and the objective, and what approach will be used to write, as I write my ideas and thoughts generally flow on. My weaknesses are that I sometimes have a problem with sentence structure and punctuation. Though spelling is my favorite technique in writing, I know that it may be difficult for others, but it is not for me. Spelling can trick many people, because so many words are pronounced differently, than they are when spelled out. As a student, I feel that I have many writing weaknesses. I know that on my own, and because teachers have told me so. Some of the complications I face with writing are not using enough body paragraphs, forgetting a thesis statement, lack of word choice, punctuation errors, and etc. I am unaware at times of my mistakes, but I always try to correct them.

No comments: